Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Madness

I just started my new job in Koreatown, LA ... 4 hours in the middle of the day just gone, so it was great to come home and find some awesome tunes had been released in the past 48 hours!!

First off, we have a return appearance of one of my favorite producers, Invader!. His remix of Radon Radon's 'Black & White' is labeled as electro house but very nearly gets into moombah territory. It's bouncy and fun, with a consistent bassline that would kick everyone's ass at a show. If I had to pick, this would be a fantastic transition track for any mix. Alone, it is somewhat generic, but the possibilities for its use in mixes I can see are endless. I'm only sad that it's a little short and not as well hashed-out as I would've liked.



Next up, Tantrum Desire released a new remix earlier today of Sigma ft. Taylor Fowlis - 'Summer Calling'. At only 1:43, it seems like just a clip but it's not mentioned anywhere if there will be a full-er version coming out. The intro feels like summer - lifting vocals by Taylor Fowlis make me feel like I'm driving down the PCH on a sunny afternoon. Then the beat drops and I can't help but be reminded of the piercing beats of Holdin' On (Skrillex & Nero Remix). See what you think for yourself.



Last but not least, Gramatik drops his Street Bangerz Vol. 4. According to the man himself, these are all tracks leftover from Volume 1, that he found in his "digital basement." They still manage to have a great flow. And even though I'm not that into hip hop, Gramatik's style, and of course his placement on Pretty Light's label, PLM, have earned him a lot of respect from myself and producers, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment