Friday, August 16, 2013

Drum & Bass is a way of life.

I saw Camo & Krooked in March 2013 and it was one of the best sets I've ever seen. It was the day after their set at Beyond Wonderland and Dim Mak was hosting the Hospitality label - which means the night was filled with other DnB masters High Contrast and Fred V & Grafix.

Now, as a legend, High Contrast had a fantastic set. But it was Camo & Krooked's first time in LA and the entire room was volatile. We moved like a liquid, back and forth with the bass and the room was cramped with hot bodies moving as if connected by a red string. It was an amazing set. So when I heard that they had a new album, Zeitgeist, coming out at the end of September, I was beyond excited.

They've only released two singles so far - 'Move Around' and 'All Night' - but it's slated to be one of the biggest releases of 2013. These two tracks still feature the signature smooth style of Camo & Krooked but they have definitely stepped it up a notch.



Another group I saw - Noisia - played a pretty damn good set when I saw them at HARD Summer 2011. They're dropping a new collaboration called I Am Legion, a collab between them and well-known featured artists Foreign Beggars. Their debut album comes out also in September of this year. Check out their first single, 'Make Those Move.'

No comments:

Post a Comment