Sunday, July 28, 2013

Loadstar @ The Observatory

Let me just say first that Dip Vertigo gets better every time he gets on stage. He opened up for Dirtyphonics last week and got the crowd moving. This week, he almost instigated a full-on riot on the dance floor. Nasty stuff.

But on to the main man, Loadstar played like a true champ on Friday night at The Observatory. He didn't give anyone a moment to rest after Dip Vertigo's ridiculous set either. He jumped straight in with bangers like "Holdin' On (Skrillex & Nero Remix)" and "Hold On (Sub Focus Remix)". If I had to make a guess, I'd say that he really wanted to hold on to the experience he was getting from the crowd, a mixture of people from OC, LA, and even SD.

As for the the experience, it's interesting. If you look at my past events page, I've seen Loadstar twice before - once as a headliner supported by Ajapai, and the other opening for Delta Heavy - and this past Friday night's crowd was the most rowdy by far. On a few separate occasions I saw security dragging people out of the pit.

This must have come as a real nuisance to the other concert goers. In fact, there was another show going on right next door in the main room - Bonobo! Even without a ticket to that show, after midnight security didn't care anymore and I was able to sneak out and get a peek at what was going on "where the grass is greener." If I had a choice, I would have moved over there a litter sooner as the crowd was much more unified than Loadstar's.

- So overall, Loadstar's set was tremendous and kept me from leaving any earlier because of the crowd, but I have to give props to Bonobo's fans for keeping their shit together.

You can check out Loadstar's album mix of "Future Perfect" right here.


Now... if I had everything that I wanted, and were I not completely exhausted Saturday, and had I known about this show earlier... let's just say that if everything were perfect, I would have gone here instead.

J.Rabbit's trap remix of Tequila (soundcloud) has been blowing up lately and ever since KillaGraham released his Lifted EP (beatport), I've been hooked. Then, when the "super-secret special headliner guest" was revealed to be Rusko, I was really shooting myself in the foot. Plus for only $10, I'm sad that I passed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment