Monday, July 8, 2013

Big Things Come in Little Packages

I want to make something clear here, right from the get-go. A lot of the shows I go to feature big, brand-name acts like 12th Planet or Skrillex. I go to these shows because the little guys I follow on soundcloud and Facebook don't have live bookings yet. They don't play all around the country, even if they do.

A really awesome producer going by Haywyre [soundcloud] [Facebook] lives in Minneapolis/Milwaukee. He isn't signed to any label, so he doesn't have the opportunity to travel much, especially to "extravagant" places like L.A. So while he has amazing tracks, (most of which he gives away for free by the way) I may never get to see him do his thing live.

All in all, I want to promote small producers who are just starting out - or even who may be popular, but aren't signed yet, or don't have enough publicity to make it out of their small town. Either way, The passion I have for music is real, and if I can feel that same passion from these producers, I want to support them.

So for now, check out this amazing remix of Bingo Players - L'Amour by up-and-coming artist Ommi (previously "Deadpool").

L'Amour (Ommi Remix) [Free] by Ommi.

No comments:

Post a Comment