Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Am Legion / Excision Shambhala 2013 / Rain City Riot

I was so happy when I Am Legion finally dropped on Monday. After only hearing 'Make Those Move' and 'Choosing For You', the rest of the album was long awaited. Bridging a wide range of genres and sounds, the album solidified the notion that Foreign Beggars and Noisia are made for each other. And with the rise of these supergroups lately - Dog Blood, Jack U, I Am Legion, TNGHT, The Firmament - I'm wondering what we're gonna see next. Personally, I'm really hoping that Phetsta and ShockOne finally come out of the closet for each other and create 'Shocker', but that's just me.

Check out the whole album here.




Next up, we have Excision finally dropping his Shambhala 2013 mix. It seems like Christmas comes early every September when he drops these massive sets. With 82 tracks, this might be one of the best he's done in recent years. Check out the tracklist and mix.



Finally, we have High Rankin starting a new project as Rain City Riot. If I had to describe this new sound in one word, it would be: SWANKY. This is so filled with groove that I have to wonder whether or not he has a full jazz ensemble showing him how to do it, it's so fresh. You can check out an hour-long mix from the man himself below.



Rain City Riot: Soundcloud // Facebook
Excision: Website // Soundcloud // Facebook
I Am Legion: Website // Soundcloud // Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment